Monday, April 23, 2012

Feed the birds


Hello everyone! I have a quick and fun project that you can do with your kids on a boring day!  As I've said before, my son LOVES birds! You may remember the spring activity we did here and the other one here.
I have another bird activity!

First we read this book:


It was very informative with all different types of birds!

Next, we gathered a plastic bag, pinecones, peanut butter, and birdseed....you may have done this as a child. I did this in my classroom before and the kids loved it!

We spread the peanut butter on the pinecone, put birdseed in a plastic baggie, and then put the pinecone in the plastic baggie and shook it!



My daughter was mesmerized by this process!

Lastly, we added a string to the top and hung it on a tree!


So fun! GREAT activity!

Smiles,

Jill

Like me here | Party with me here | Follow me here

5 comments:

  1. I remember doing this with my kiddo's....they are too big to enjoy making these but they love watching the birds we have in our yard....every year there is a robin that makes her nest on our front porch, I have to put a gate around it so no one disturbs her. It is the coolest watching the babies hatch and learn to fly :)
    We also have a cardinal's nest next to our chicken coop...we always seem to miss the babies hatching there....hope to catch them this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! I did that in pre school! You are a fantastic mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful way to get her interested in nature at an early age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea, I'm going to have to try this with my little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mixing FUN and excitement with education--you are the best Mommy!!! (my mommy used to do the same type of things when I was young and lucky enough to have her at home everyday) :D I love how have a topic, read with the kids, then do a coordinating activity with it! I used to teach pre-school and I loved it so very much and what you do with the kids reminds me of those days. The pics are my favorite hehe! xoox

    ReplyDelete

These comments make my day! Thank you for taking the time!
Smiles,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...