Thursday, March 15, 2012

Patches of Pink Spring Themed Project


Jalisa at Patches of Pink asked the design team to come up with a Spring themed project. I LOVE spring colors! I also have been in love with pedestals lately. You might remember the candy jars I created that were vases on pedestals. If not, you can check them out here. Therefore, I decided to create birdhouses and yes, you guessed it on pedestals!






Supplies:
wooden birdhouses (I found at the $1 section at Michaels), acrylic paint, glass candlesticks (found at the $ store)



How to:
1. Spray paint candlesticks (they may need a couple of coats). Allow them to dry
2. Paint birdhouses
3. I will be using the candlesticks for other decorations so I didn't glue them on but if you would like them to be stuck on the candlesticks then use E6000 to stick them on.
4. Enjoy!

I hope you link up with us over at Patches of Pink. You have until April 1st!

Have a Super day!

Smiles,

Jill

it's Overflowing 


Linking up with
It's Overflowing
I heart naptime
Lil Luna
Bloom
30 handmade days
Itsy Bitsy Paper


10 comments:

  1. These are so cute love the simple white with pops of colors. These would look great on a fire place mantel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, great minds think alike! That is where I have them!

      Delete
  2. I still love your birdhouses! :) I have always loved birdhouses, but never really seen them done in these fun bright colors- I might need to make some of these :). You're so creative!!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! Yeah, I normally would see birdhouses dingy and dark, but I just wanted to liven them up! When I saw them in the store they were calling my name! ha!

      Delete
  3. Another great project Jill! I can't compete with you girl! Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cute! Thanks for linking up. Like you web layout.
    Jenny -Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill, you are so creative my friend. I saw/purchased the birdhouses at Micheals because every year it's our spring craft with the kids. But now after seeing this I don't want to hang them in a tree, I want to decorate my mantel :)
    Have a GREAT day!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fantastic! How creative. I hope you'll link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop!

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/hippity-hop-easter-project-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your birdhouses are darling! I don't know how many my kids have painted over the years, this would be a great way to display them. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

These comments make my day! Thank you for taking the time!
Smiles,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...